my running adventures – barefoot or otherwise
It is nice to be back!
Some of you may have thought I had dropped off the planet, but now I’m back. Just to confirm, I never did fall off the earth.
As is often the case with doing something regularly, there comes a time when other life stuff comes along to hit you off course, throw you off your everyday routine, knock you onto a new tangent. That, for me, was the end of the term! Things don’t slow down, they speed up and all of a sudden, it’s been weeks since a blog post (well, months if you want to really make me feel bad).
Anyway, it has been so long since I’ve posted that I thought I’d do a bullet pointed update on what’s been occurring in my running life over the last, ahem, amount of time…
1. I’ve been regularly doing core strength exercises and am pretty pleased with the results of my hard graft (not a trendy muscle gaining tablet, or fat reducing pill in sight either!)
2. I’ve been ramping up the distance I’ve been running in the last couple of weeks as I start my training for the Robin Hood Half Marathon on 28th September. See how I fared last year on this blog post.
3. I’ve bought a new pair of running shoes! Very exciting time in any runner’s life – Skechers Go Run Ride.
4. I now have an iphone! I’m getting used to it after years on Android devices, and I like using the Strava app on it – very slick, stylish and cool.
5. The number of people I know now running as a form of fitness has expanded exponentially! Now there are runners all through the family (both sides), in the local community, in my church community and beyond! I think it is ace how running is becoming increasingly more widespread and popular. I just hope that people new to the sport are getting good advice on all the various facets they need to understand and learn about to avoid injuries, get gear that is right for them and establish healthy routines and communities, such as parkrun fosters.
6. I’ve got my 5k pb down to 17:20* (* = Strava estimated 5k best effort)- check it out here!
What’s been going on in your running life of late? Have you ever worn Skechers running shoes? What is your next race? What is the longest you’ve gone between blog posts?